1. Real name – Cheryl Free IS my real name. I don’t care what Google says with their stupid names policy. It’s the one I was born with and have had my entire life!
2. Nicknames – I don’t go by any other nicknames anymore except for “The Lucky Ladybug”.
3. Gender – Female
4. Birthday – July 11
5. Birthplace – Taipei, Taiwan
6. Birth Year – 1959 — Chinese astrology Year of the Pig
7. Astrological Sign – Cancer the Crab; Element – Water; Planet – Moon
8. Status – Engaged to Scott, in love since May 2003, and living together since February 2004. Our first date was dinner and a movie — we saw Finding Nemo when it was first released. We’re happy with our arrangement and in no hurry to tie the knot. In our case, a piece of paper really doesn’t make a difference. I’ve never been married, but engaged several times.
9. Children – I was never blessed with a child and it’s too late to have any. I value the unconditional love of animals more.
10. Pets – Female salt & pepper miniature schnauzer Pepper Too (born 9/6/2006) and younger female dorkie (dachshund/yorkie designer hybrid) Mitzi (will have to look up her birthday sometime).
11. Religion – I was baptized United Methodist (my father was a minister), but am non-practicing. I’m not a religious person, as far as organized religion goes.
12. Piercings – Just my ears (a single piercing in each).
13. Tattoos – None — I don’t find multiple piercings or tattoos attractive.
14. Eyes – Very dark brown like every one else in my family.
15. Hair – Very dark brown going gray since age 20. I used to color it a lighter, medium brown. Lately I go au naturel.
16. Height – 5′-7 1/2″ tall. I usually just say 5′-8″.
17. Blood Type – O+
18. Parents – My father was Irish ancestry and my mother was Chinese (born in Hsinchu, Taiwan). They are both gone.
19. Siblings – 2 younger brothers, 2 younger sisters — all married — most with children (we are not close — I like to say dysfunctional). (For example, my baby sister who I used to be closest with moved to Australia -and- had her first child. I never even knew until I saw it in my younger sister’s Facebook profile!)
20. I moved away from home right after high school (before that I ran away several times).
21. Growing up I wanted to be an artist, doctor, lawyer, and then a rock star. It was also my father’s dream for me to sing.
22. I sing and play the piano, but haven’t sat down to play for more than a year. When I do I’ll literally be benched for hours! I own studio and electric pianos. I took piano lessons when I was young but quit within a year or two — I wish I hadn’t.
23. I own two guitars and have dabbled with them.
24. Within the United States I’ve lived in Wisconsin, Virginia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Florida, Nebraska, South Carolina, Texas, and now Indiana. I moved 18 times before settling here on Christmas 1993. I still don’t and will probably never consider myself a Hoosier. I’m a good ‘ole Southern country gal.
25. I’ve also lived in Banbury and Broughton, England (near Oxford, United Kingdom) for three years and San Vito dei Normanni, Italy (southeast tip of the boot on the Adriatic Sea) for four years.
26. The James Bond movie Octopussy starring Roger Moore was filmed at Royal Air Force (RAF) Upper Heyford while I was stationed there.
27. I’ve visited Germany and Mexico (Nuevo Laredo) many times; Crete, Greece, Holland, Mexico (Acapulco), Portugal, Spain, and The Grand Cayman Islands once. I still haven’t traveled to our northern neighbor, Canada and it’s only a three or so hours drive.
28. I’ve driven much of the United States, including cross-country — my favorite stop was La Jolla, near San Diego. I don’t enjoy the hassle of traveling anymore, especially by air because of the strict security requirements.
29. Colors – Pink, purple, black, and white (although some would argue that the latter aren’t really colors).
30. Music Genres – Classical, Classic Rock, Contemporary Country, Jazz, New Age, New Wave, Pop, Rhythm & Blues, Soft Rock, Top 40
31. Musical Artists – I lean towards the 70′s and 80′s since that was my heyday. See TheLuckyLadybug’s Library – Users at Last.fm.
32. Authors – Anne Rice, Clive Barker, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Robin Cook, Stephenie Meyer, Stephen King — et al
33. Book – The Stand, by Stephen King (note that I only read e-Books on my Kindle now, if at all).
34. Actors – Adrian Paul, Antonio Banderas, Alex O’Loughlin, (The Other) Baldwin Brothers: Daniel Baldwin – Stephen Baldwin – William Baldwin, Ben Kingsley, Chow Yun Fat, Clive Owen, Colin Firth, Daniel Craig, Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman, Ian McShane, Jackie Chan, Jason Statham, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jet Li, John Cusack, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jude Law, Keanu Reeves, Leonardo DiCaprio, Liam Neeson, Matthew McConaughey, Mark Valley, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Nicolas Cage, Patrick Wilson, Ray Stevenson, Rick Fox, Richard Gere, Robert DeNiro, Robert Downey Jr., Rufus Sewell, Sam Elliot, Sean Connery, Sergey Gubanov, Viggo Mortensen, Wesley Snipes, and Will Ferrell among others.
35. Actresses – Angelina Jolie, Aishwarya Rai, Diane Lane, Gong Li, Hilary Swank, Jennifer Connelly, Joan Cusack, Judi Dench, Katherine Heigl, Kirsten Dunst, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Michelle Yeoh, Olga Kurylenko, Queen Latifah, and Rachel Weisz among others.
36. Movies – All-time favorites are Jerry Maguire, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Top Gun, and The Wizard of Oz. We watch many new titles on Netflix DVD and streaming, as well as the occasional Redbox DVD.
37. Film Genres – Action, Adventure, Animated, Comedy, Crime, Epics/Historical, Drama, Horror, Science Fiction/Fantasy, War, Westerns
38. TV Shows – ON OUR TIVO NOW PLAYING LIST: A Gifted Man, Alcatraz, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Fringe, Grimm, Hawaii Five-O, Nikita, Once Upon A Time, Person of Interest, Rob, The Firm, The River, Two Broke Girls, Undercover Boss, and Unforgettable. We’re also taping, but not paying much attention to CSI, CSI: Miami, Harry’s Law, Supernatural, and The Vampire Diaries. We enjoyed watching Doctor Who and Eureka when we had satellite. We haven’t really gotten into Awake and Ringer yet. We can’t wait to start watching Missing and Touch!
Older faves no longer in production include 24, Battlestar Galactica, Bionic Woman, Blade, Dark Shadows, Earth 2, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Human Target, Jake 2.0, Jekyll, Jeremiah, Jericho, Kindred: The Embraced, Kidnapped, Legend of the Seeker, Lost, Millennium, Moonlight, Painkiller Jane, Primeval, Prison Break, Robin Hood, Sanctuary, Spartacus, Special Unit 2, Spooks, Stargate Universe, The 4400, The Cape, The Confession, The Event, The Tudors, Torchwood, and Wire in the Blood.
39. Drinks – Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Gardens Green Tea; Coffee PODS: Columbian, French Roast; Soft Drinks: Coke Zero, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream, Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi; Pepsi Max; Tea PODS; unsweetened ice tea; filtered tap water.
40. Candy – Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares: Dark Chocolate with Raspberry Filling and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups; Sugar-Free Gum: Eclipse, Extra (Polar Ice), Orbit (Wintermint), Stride (Spearmint).
41. Nuts – Cashews, pecans, pistachios, and walnuts
42. Other Favorite Foods: Bacon, biscotti (esp. Nonni’s); Cheese: Reggiano Parmesano, pimiento cheese, smoked cheddar; Claxton fruitcake; Ethnic: especially Chinese, Italian, Mexican; FAST FOOD: Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds, Taco Bell; Girl Scouts Cookies: Peanut Butter Sandwich otherwise known as Do-Si-Do; Ice Cream: butter pecan, pistachio, pineapple, rainbow or raspberry sherbet; FRESH FRUIT: bananas, black and red raspberries, clementines, peaches, pineapple, plums,
43. Scents – Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Sun-Ripened Raspberry, Citrus, Eucalyptus, Glade PlugIns Scented Gel & Scented Oil Refills Lavender Meadow, Lavender, Opium for Yves St. Laurent, Raspberry; White Barn Wallflowers French Lavender
44. Other – Candles: green jar, Yankee; crossword puzzles: medium-hard-expert; Disney; floral/flowers; gardening; gel pens: glitter & metallic blue, dark pink, purple; Gift Certificates: Amazon.com, Target, Walgreens; lucky charms: ladybugs, Maneki Neko, shamrocks; needlework: crochet, needlepoint, rug braid, rug hook; Pogo games: Payday FreeCell, World Class Solitaire, First Class Solitaire; postcards; rainbows; smilies; Solitaire; teddy bears; tie-dye
45. Holidays – Valentine’s Day, Sweethearts Day, and Saint Patrick’s Day
46. Seasons – Spring & Autumn
47. Cars – Jeep Wrangler, Porsche Boxster, Porsche Turbo Carrera (although I’m starting to favor muscle cars like the Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang)
48. Jewelry – Amethysts, rubies and diamonds; earrings and rings
49. Quotes – Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away. But never forget to remember the blessings that come each day. — Irish Blessing
WORK like you don’t need the money, DANCE like no one is watching, SING like no one is listening, LOVE like you’ve never been hurt, And LIVE life every day as if it were your last.
50. Celebrities – Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Eminem, Fergie, Holly Hunter (Saving Grace), Julia Roberts, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Seinfeld (Jason Alexander, Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Wayne Knight), The Drew Carey Show (Diedrich Bader, Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles)
51. Music Genres- Broadway, Hip Hop, Rap
52. Film Genres – Broadway, Cult, Documentary, Musicals
53. TV Shows – Most Reality Shows (I’d rather be a participant than an onlooker)
54. Alcoholic Drinks – Anise/anisette, Scotch whiskey
55. Foods/Drinks – Anchovies, decaffeinated, frog legs, Hazelnut Cream coffee, Irish Crème coffee, meringue, most seafood (clams, lobster, mussels, octopus, oysters, squid), snails, wax beans
56. Holidays – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (until there are federal holidays that also honor celebrated Asian-Americans, Hispanic Americans, and any other ethnic variety).
57. Season – Summer (too hot!) & Winter (too cold!)
58. Places on Earth – Antarctica and the North or South Poles
59. Candy – 3 Musketeers and Milky Way candy bars, Altoids, black jelly beans or licorice, chocolate covered coffee beans
60. Nuts – Brazil nuts
61. Hobbies – Sports in general, hunting in particular (and guns extremely, even though I maintained small arms expert marksmanship in the military)
62. Other – Essay and skill contests
63. I Believe In – Angels & faeries
64. School Bully or Teacher’s Pet – Teacher’s Pet
65. Pet Peeves – Abuse in any form; dishonesty, fake & phoniness; door-to-door & telephone solicitation; driving: driving slow in the fast lane, driving under the influence (of alcohol or drugs), leaving turn signals on, not using turn signals, talking on cellphones without Bluetooth or hands-free; fanatics of any persuasion; loud (obnoxious) people; misbehaved–sassy–smartaleck children; noise in general (I can’t sleep with it); spelling errors and typos; waiting; welfare abuse.
66. Best Talent – Verbal Ability & Abstract Reasoning
67. Worse Talent – Spatial Skills & Mechanical Ability
68. I’m lactose-intolerant and have changing food allergies including avocado, eggs, peanuts, and my beloved pistachios.
69. I ate fried turtle for the first and only time when I lived in Florida. It really did taste like chicken.
70. I’ve never tried sushi and don’t care to.
71. I’ve been smoking cigarettes since I was 17 years old. I’ve tried to quit several times – once or twice successfully.
72. I chew a lot of sugarless gum.
73. I would like to lose weight but apparently not as much as I enjoy junk food.
74. Although I still haven’t won the lottery, I have been incredibly lucky in general.
75. I used to be a night person and then I woke up every weekday morning at 6:00 a.m. with Scott. Lately I’ve been insomniac because of the cold weather and my schedule is very, very irregular.
76. I’m a perfectionist, but try not to be.
77. I like being organized, but seldom am to my high standards.
78. The older I get, the less I like housework. I’m very good at it, but hate folding laundry, although washing clothes is okay. (It’s more likable now that we’ve networked Netflix on Roku and HD TiVo onto a 17-inch LCD monitor in the laundry room.) My dishpan hands are evidence that I don’t like doing dishes, but it’s easier since we finally got a dishwasher in 2008. I don’t enjoy vacuuming because our dogs are afraid of the noise, but I love my Dyson Animal.
79. I’m not as young as I look, or as old as I feel.
80. I forget things more and more every year, but I have a very good memory for names.
81. I rarely wear make-up. Unless I get dressed up.
82. I rarely get dressed up.
83. I am excessively shy yet amazingly friendly, as long as you get on my good side the first time I meet you.
84. I can be extremely patient, but not very tolerant.
85. I can be cold-hearted or mean when I’m angry or hurt. Scott sometimes calls me a b*tch, but I still love him.
86. I regret quite a few things in my life, but tend to pretend they just didn’t happen.
87. I thought it would never happen to me, but I was in an extremely abusive relationship.
88. I’m afraid of heights – I get vertigo. I climbed the steps of the Coliseum in Rome and couldn’t get back down without crawling backwards. Last time Scott and I climbed to the top of a lighthouse was the final time. I had spells of vertigo on every single landing.
89. I’ve experienced a house fire (burned to the ground), hurricanes, and tornadoes, but not an earthquake.
90. I love generosity in myself and others.
91. I tip more than I should, sometimes.
92. I’m addicted to the Internet in general, sweepstakes in particular, and sometimes freebies.
93. I like to take pictures. I don’t do it enough.
94. I haven’t liked having my picture taken ever since I started getting older and bigger.
95. I’m a martial arts enthusiast.
96. I had childhood chicken pox and the German measles.
97. I have never *yet* broken a bone.
98. I took four years of French and two years of Latin in high school.
99. I’ve gone to college an equivalent of almost two years, but no longer pursue a degree. I CLEP’ed out of English. I had a 4.0 GPA last time I took a course and grew up making straight A’s.
100. I served 13 years active duty in the United States Air Force (USAF) as a church business administrator, and four years United States Air Force Reserve (USAFR).
101. I worked as an executive assistant to the President, Chairman, and CEO at a local, major manufacturer for several years and then in safety, security, environmental, and training at the same company. One of my primary duties was workers compensation administration for more than 5,000 employees. (That alone should have been a full-time job for more than one person!)
102. I also worked as an office manager for a division of the county’s superior court.
103. I let my notary public license expire.
104. I’m semi-retired after working more than 20 years and unemployed by choice. I enjoy staying at home.
105. I procrastinate. TOO MUCH. I have 101+ things to do and I find it very hard to get started on any one of them.
(Revised and updated Saturday, March 10, 2012)